FAQ - PacWesty | Adventure Camper Rentals in Palm Springs
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-16494,bridge-core-3.1.1,qode-page-transition-enabled,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-content-sidebar-responsive,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-30.0.1,qode-theme-bridge,qode_header_in_grid,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-7.0,vc_responsive


Frequently Asked Questions

Still have questions? Please check out the How it Works page or Contact Us and ask!

Can you facilitate one-way adventures?

Each year we offer one-way adventures from Seattle to Palm Springs in late September and again in May from Palm Springs back to Seattle. Please reach out if you want to be added to the interest list for these special adventures.

Where are you located?

Our primary year-round location is on Bainbridge Island, Washington.  From October through May we also have Adventure Campers in sunny Palm Springs, California.

What are the check-out and check-in times?

Check out is at 12 pm on the first scheduled day of your trip, and the van is due to be checked back in between 9 am and 12 pm on the last scheduled day of your trip.

Do you offer early check-out or late check-in?

We can accommodate check-outs as early as 9 am for an additional fee of 25% of the daily rental rate for your van. We can also accommodate a late check in up to 4 pm for an additional fee of 25% of the daily rental rate for your van.

If you return later than 4 pm on the final day of your reservation, you will be charged the full rental rate for an additional day.

Will you plan my trip itinerary?

We provide general suggestions and work with you to create an outline that fits your travel objectives.

Should I reserve campgrounds in advance?

You can explore Hipcamp and reserve privately owned campsites. Other destinations will require campground research, and you may be able to reserve campsites in advance.

Do your vans have toilets?

No, none of the vans in our fleet have toilets.

Do your vans have pop-tops?

Many of the vans in our fleet have pop-tops, but some of our vans do not. Please contact our Adventure Coordinators to check the specific features of the vans we have available.

What is the difference between a weekender and a full camper?

Weekenders do not have a built-in sink, or stovetop, and therefore have more interior space.

Full Campers have built-in cabinetry, a sink, and a stovetop.

Please read more about these features on the Campers page.

Do your vans have refrigerators?

Our Westfalia vans do not have refrigerators, but we pack coolers in the vans as part of the gear included on the inventory list.

The eTofino does have a small built-in refrigerator, as well as all of the gear included on the inventory list.

Can I use my own Rental Insurance?

No, you must purchase rental insurance through our reservation partner Outdoorsy. There are a couple of options to choose from and we’d be delighted to help you decide what you need. Outdoorsy coverage is provided though Liberty Mutual and a standard deductible of $1,000 applies. We apply no mark-up to this service.

What about Roadside Assistance?

Before you head out for your trip, we ensure that you’re covered with both Insurance and Roadside Assistance. We require a AAA Premium Membership for our Westfalias and AAA Premier + RV membership for our eTofino.

Can I take the van out of state?

Our operating area is generally limited to 500 miles from our shop. Among other stellar locations, this gets you to: Joshua Tree (to the East), the Grand Canyon and Red Rocks Canyon (to the Northeast), and Lake Tahoe (to the Northwest). If you’re planning a longer trip please give us a call and we’ll work to come up with a plan.

What passes might I need?

There are several passes that may allow you to enter multiple national parks, including the Grand Canyon, Joshua Tree, Red Rock Canyon, and Sequoia National Park. Here are some of the passes that might be relevant:

America The Beautiful Pass:

This pass provides access to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites, including national parks, wildlife refuges, and forests, for one year from the month of purchase. The cost of the pass is $80, with discounts available for seniors, military members, and those with disabilities. This pass may be a good option if you plan to visit multiple national parks and recreation sites during the year.

Interagency Annual Pass:

This pass is similar to the America the Beautiful Pass, but it is specifically for federal lands and waters managed by five federal agencies: the National Park Service, U.S. Forest Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, and Bureau of Reclamation. The cost of the pass is $80, with discounts available for seniors, military members, and those with disabilities.

Interagency Annual Military Pass:

This pass is similar to the Interagency Annual Pass, but it is available at no charge to active-duty military personnel and their dependents. It provides access to federal lands and waters managed by the five federal agencies listed above.

Every Kid Outdoors Pass:

This pass is available to fourth-grade students (or homeschool equivalent) and provides free access to federal lands and waters managed by the five federal agencies listed above for the school year. The pass is valid from September 1 to August 31 of the following year and must be obtained online.

Keep in mind that these passes may have different terms and conditions, and not all of them may be valid for all of the parks you want to visit. It’s a good idea to check the official websites of the parks and agencies for the most up-to-date information on fees and passes.